Skip to main content

Does it matter what type of theft you have benn charged with that they can enhance you with

San Angelo, TX |

i have a state jail felony for three thefts of property convictions and recently recieved a theft but not of property can they enhance it with one prior theft conviction

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


The type of theft does not matter; even if the value of your theft is of a misdemeanor amount, it can be enhanced to a felony. Moreover, some thefts are felonies regardless of the value of the item (or service).

Cynthia Henley


You need to hire a criminal defense attorney in your area ASAP. The fact you are a convicted felon, makes this newest charge more dangerous, especially if you are concurrently on probation or parole. I don't practice in TX, so I'll defer to the other avvo lawyers here that may respond and defer to them.

I am trying to give you a general answer to your question. We do not have an attorney-client relationship by this response on the avvo website. I have not been retained to represent you. I am licensed to practice law in Kentucky and in federal court in this state and the Southern District of Indiana. You need to seek legal advice from an attorney licensed to practice in your area..


It is your prior criminal history, not the type of theft that is going to be the problem. Experienced defense counsel is going to be essential.


They can enhance it with any type of theft convictions. Your attorney will review the enhancements to make sure they are valid.

Macy Jaggers's answer to a legal question on Avvo does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Ms. Jaggers offers everyone a free consultation to discuss their case. Feel free to call her office at 214-365-9800 to make an appointment (phones are answered 24 hours) or visit her website at for more information about her services and recent victories.

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer