Does it matter what type of theft you have benn charged with that they can enhance you with

Asked over 1 year ago - San Angelo, TX

i have a state jail felony for three thefts of property convictions and recently recieved a theft but not of property can they enhance it with one prior theft conviction

1. Cynthia Russell Henley

9

Answered . The type of theft does not matter; even if the value of your theft is of a misdemeanor amount, it can be enhanced to a felony. Moreover, some thefts are felonies regardless of the value of the item (or service).

Cynthia Henley
    713-222-1220

2. Macy Michelle Jaggers

Pro

6

Answered . They can enhance it with any type of theft convictions. Your attorney will review the enhancements to make sure they are valid.

3. Douglas Holbrook

7

Answered . It is your prior criminal history, not the type of theft that is going to be the problem. Experienced defense counsel is going to be essential.

4. Frank Mascagni III

6

Answered . You need to hire a criminal defense attorney in your area ASAP. The fact you are a convicted felon, makes this newest charge more dangerous, especially if you are concurrently on probation or parole. I don't practice in TX, so I'll defer to the other avvo lawyers here that may respond and defer to them.