Skip to main content

Does it matter if an applicant used false documents for employment and applies for Obamas deferred action?

Los Angeles, CA |

That applicant meets all the requirements for Obama deferred action. Can he use as part of proof for presence of the five years the check paystubs? Paystubs show ssn.

Attorney Answers 4

  1. I would suggest that this person consult with an experienced immigration attorney before proceeding with the application. While there is nothing specific in the published eligibility rules regarding this, it wouldn't hurt to get professional assistance and guidance.

    Good luck!

    This answer is of a general nature and should not be relied upon as final, nor is it intended as legal advice. A consultation with an experienced attorney is always the best way to go.

  2. It depends on whether those documents resulted in a false claim to US citizenship.

    J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

  3. I agree with my colleagues.

    This answer is of a general nature and should not be relied upon as final, nor is it intended as legal advice. Consult with a qualified attorney before making any legal decisions. Gen Kimura, (832) 247-6932.

  4. To add to my colleagues - you have to address how and why you used a fake SSN. Proceed carefully and I would definitely recommend consulting an attorney.

    Best of luck,

    Sanjay A. Paul, Esq.
    (888) 373-2602

    This is not legal advice. No attorney client relationship exists between us.

Immigration topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

An attorney can help.

Post a question and get free legal advice from attorneys.

Ask a Lawyer

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics