Does it affect me to qualify for the dream act if i get food stamps and welfare for my daughters? should i cancel the help?

Asked over 1 year ago - Los Angeles, CA

i am lllegal and single mom im not working so i get government help for my daughters, does it affect me now that i want to apply for the dream act?

1. Andrea Felice Szew

Answered . The DREAM Act has not passed so we do not know any limitations or requirements that will be part of qualifying. As soon as any legislation is passed it is best to contact an experienced immigration attorney to assist with determining if you qualify or not.

2. Myron Russell Morales

Pro

Answered . The DREAM Act has yet to pass, so we don't really know if it would at this point. Normally, if the U.S. citizen is entilted to it, they don't hold it as evidence of being a public charge. Again, we don't know for sure, but maybe they will continue with that practice.