Does it affect me to qualify for the dream act if i get food stamps and welfare for my daughters? should i cancel the help?

i am lllegal and single mom im not working so i get government help for my daughters, does it affect me now that i want to apply for the dream act?

1. The DREAM Act has yet to pass, so we don't really know if it would at this point. Normally, if the U.S. citizen is entilted to it, they don't hold it as evidence of being a public charge. Again, we don't know for sure, but maybe they will continue with that practice.

This answer is not to be construed as legal advice. For a free telephone consultation, contact us now at: info@moralespllc.com (512) 215-5235 Austin, (214) 377-4822 Dallas, (713) 242-1783 Houston, (210) 957-8845 San Antonio Please dial extension 500

2. The DREAM Act has not passed so we do not know any limitations or requirements that will be part of qualifying. As soon as any legislation is passed it is best to contact an experienced immigration attorney to assist with determining if you qualify or not.

Andrea F Szew is an attorney with over 12 years experience in immigration law. Her response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to her. Please be aware that Ms. Szew highly recommends that you retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case. Ms. Szew's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. If you would like to discuss your case further with Ms. Szew please contact her office at either (310) 477-0047 or (702) 639-5129.