Does Israel offer first O-1 visa stamping for Third Country Nationals (Indian)? I will be visiting Israel for work

Asked about 1 year ago - New York, NY

I am an Indian citizen. I have completed a Change of Status from OPT to O-1 within the US. I will be visiting Israel for work and am trying to figure out whether the US Consulate in Israel will do a first time O-Visa stamp for a third country national? And if you have an prior experience in this area, how has the visa stamping process in Israel been (are they friendly, harsh etc.)?

I am trying to avoid going back to India for the stamp, as I haven't been to India since 2001 (most of my family -- parents, brother etc. -- are settled in the U.S.). Any thoughts and insight would be very much appreciated. Let me know if I can provide any additional information. Thanks in advance.

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

4

1

Answered . Israel does not have letter based visa system. Surly, they do not have the O1visa. if you are talking about US O1 visa , the answer is yes. US consulate can issue a nonimmigrant visa foil to you.

2. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

3

Answered . The way to find out is to send an email to the NIV section at the Tel Aviv consulate and ask whether they will entertain an O-1 visa application by a third country national on a business visit in Israel.

3. J Charles Ferrari

1

Answered . You will need to contact the US Embassy there.