Skip to main content

Does Israel offer first O-1 visa stamping for Third Country Nationals (Indian)? I will be visiting Israel for work

New York, NY |

I am an Indian citizen. I have completed a Change of Status from OPT to O-1 within the US. I will be visiting Israel for work and am trying to figure out whether the US Consulate in Israel will do a first time O-Visa stamp for a third country national? And if you have an prior experience in this area, how has the visa stamping process in Israel been (are they friendly, harsh etc.)?

I am trying to avoid going back to India for the stamp, as I haven't been to India since 2001 (most of my family -- parents, brother etc. -- are settled in the U.S.). Any thoughts and insight would be very much appreciated. Let me know if I can provide any additional information. Thanks in advance.

Attorney Answers 3


Israel does not have letter based visa system. Surly, they do not have the O1visa. if you are talking about US O1 visa , the answer is yes. US consulate can issue a nonimmigrant visa foil to you.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

Mark as helpful

1 found this helpful

4 lawyers agree


The way to find out is to send an email to the NIV section at the Tel Aviv consulate and ask whether they will entertain an O-1 visa application by a third country national on a business visit in Israel.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

Mark as helpful

3 lawyers agree


You will need to contact the US Embassy there.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees

Employment topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics