Does inheritance affect child support?

Jacksonville, FL |

My ex husband inherited a substantial amount of money from his father's passing. Can I request an increase in the child support for our two kids that I have custody of?

It depends. Is his income going to be ongoing on a monthly basis or was this a lump sum payment.
If hs income changes on a monthly basis then yes you could ask fo ran increase. If a lump sum payment, then no because you are not entitled to his inheritance. Usually the inheritance phase passes after one begins to invest money and a new income develops.

Child custody topics