Does immigration or ICE agents go to the extent where they check the person with deportation order' s phone call histories?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Las Vegas, NV

Unfortunately a cousin got a deportation order and decided not to leave (its his Own decision) We're all aware now that he's on the run from the immigration law and worried that he might get nabbed if ICE check his phone call history? Do they go to a network provider to do this? I mean he's not a criminal no records at all only his marriage didnt work out and now he's being asked to leave. Any advice what to do? I really appreciate your help.

1. Ross Carl Goodman

Pro

1

Best Answer

Answered . It would be unusual to randomly audit phone records of people ordered deported without it first being brought to ICE's attention that he is still in the country.

2. Filex Alexandro Sanchez

3

1

Answered . I agree. I would also add that ICE has prioritized cases and definitely enforce removal orders. Your cousin should immediately contact an attorney to see if he has any remedies. If he has already violated the order, he will have many remedies barred to him so eventually, if he wants to fix his status, he will have to leave the US. Contact an attorney immediately.

3. F. J. Capriotti III

2

1

Answered . First, and most important, if your cousin is refusing to obey a deportation .... although he doesn't have a criminal record now ... he might be getting one.

The ICE police can do whatever they wish and they do have access to quite a large amount of resources.

My advice is that he talk to an immigration attorney immediately. "Hiding" from ICE isn't a smart thing to be doing.