Does husband who choked wife and ask do you want to die in front of kids likely to get custody of children?

Asked over 1 year ago - Austin, TX

Assaulted disabled father in law, asked to take anger management by VA his employer for bullying on job. Hurt wife with fractured back by slamming to ground.Travis County issued restraining order against him. Kids afraid of him and say so.

1. David Christopher Hardaway

Best Answer

Answered . I mean, if you can prove those facts by clear and convincing evidence in court, then not a snowball's chance in hell is that man going to get custody of those kids. He sounds like a lunatic.

2. William Tyler Moore Jr

Pro

Answered . If you can get or have a family violence protective order against him, the answer is a resounding "no". Get a lawyer involved. Protect yourself and your children.

3. Christine Henry Andresen

Answered . The default in SAPCR orders is standard possession, which is unsupervised roughly 1st, 3rd, 5th weekends, month in summer, alternating holidays. However, the restraining order (I'm guessing actually "protective order") may provide far more restrictions, or may not mention kids at all. If it's a 2 year PO, with major restrictions, that sounds like may be what you want, but worth talking to a lawyer to be ure. If it's only a 90-day EPO or something even less, DEFINITELY talk to a lawyer.

4. Adam Kielich

Answered . Based on those facts, probably not.