Does husband who choked wife and ask do you want to die in front of kids likely to get custody of children?

Asked over 1 year ago - Austin, TX

Assaulted disabled father in law, asked to take anger management by VA his employer for bullying on job. Hurt wife with fractured back by slamming to ground.Travis County issued restraining order against him. Kids afraid of him and say so.

Attorney answers (4)

  1. David Christopher Hardaway

    Contributor Level 10
    Best Answer
    chosen by asker

    Answered . I mean, if you can prove those facts by clear and convincing evidence in court, then not a snowball's chance in hell is that man going to get custody of those kids. He sounds like a lunatic.

  2. William Tyler Moore Jr


    Contributor Level 19

    Answered . If you can get or have a family violence protective order against him, the answer is a resounding "no". Get a lawyer involved. Protect yourself and your children.

    I am not intending this to be legal advice, because I don't know the particulars of your situation. Call me if you... more
  3. Christine Henry Andresen

    Contributor Level 12

    Answered . The default in SAPCR orders is standard possession, which is unsupervised roughly 1st, 3rd, 5th weekends, month in summer, alternating holidays. However, the restraining order (I'm guessing actually "protective order") may provide far more restrictions, or may not mention kids at all. If it's a 2 year PO, with major restrictions, that sounds like may be what you want, but worth talking to a lawyer to be ure. If it's only a 90-day EPO or something even less, DEFINITELY talk to a lawyer.

    The above is legal information, not legal advice. If you have not paid me and signed a contract, we do not have an... more
  4. Adam Kielich

    Contributor Level 18

    Answered . Based on those facts, probably not.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

23,575 answers this week

2,776 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

23,575 answers this week

2,776 attorneys answering