Does Holiday parenting time supersede any other schedule in our situation?

Asked over 2 years ago - Blackwood, NJ

The agreement between both parties is that Dad gets child every Friday from 9AM to 5PM for regular parenting time. It further states that every year Dad will get Good Friday from 6PM to Saturday at 6PM and then dinner visits every other year for Easter. Does the Good Friday holiday time mean that Dad is not able to exercise his normal every Friday visit? The times do not interfere with one another and the agreement does not indicate one way or the other.

1. Ronald Glenn Lieberman

Pro

4

Answered . Holiday and vacation time trump regularly scheduled parenting time.

2. Yolanda Navarrete

2

Answered . Holidays usually supersede parenting schedules when they conflict, unless the agreement or court order say otherwise.

3. Thomas S. Durst

Pro

2

Answered . While the specific language of the court order or agreement will govern the dispute, holiday parenting time generally trumps regularly scheduled parenting time.

4. David Perry Davis

2

Answered . This is a fairly easy one -- as the others posted, the general rule is that holiday time trumps a regular schedule.

If there's disagreement about it, you'd need to file an "order to show cause" (request for emergent action) with the court. If you're doing it pro se, go to the courthouse and they should have paperwork you can fill out. Remember to bring a copy of the order(s) you're seeking to enforce.

5. Philip Smith Burnham II

Pro

Answered . Unless your order states otherwise, holiday parenting time always takes precedent over normal parenting time.