Does he have to follow the order or not

Lithonia, GA |
Filed under: Family law

My ex and I went to court on a contempt motion in February. The judge signed the final order on May 6th. On May 7th his attorney, which he did not have at the time of the trial, sent a letter asking the judge to reconsider making my ex pay for all the travel arrangements for my son. Prior to that my ex was told to follow the previous order and he did not do that. Now that the Judge has signed the final order he is again not following on the strength of the letter that the new attorney has sent on a case that has already been adjudicated. Does he have to follow the final order that was signed by the Judge or not. There are no new motions or orders in place as of now

1. Talk to your attorney, but a letter from your attorney is not going to stop the requirement from you to follow the order. You attorney would need to appeal the case filing the appropriate forms and paying the filing fee.

The DiGiulio Law Firm, LLC. Phone: 888-540-4529 Website: www.atl-law.com Atlanta, Marietta, Lawrencevile, Duluth, Alpharetta, Buckhead The above answer is for general information purposes and is offered as a service to the public. Nothing on this or associated pages, documents, comments, answers, reviews or other communications, including the above post, should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation or relied upon as a substitute for engaging legal counsel, nor does it constitute advertising or a solicitation. Viewing the general information here, including your receipt or transmission of information hereof does not alone create or constitute an attorney-client relationship or ensure confidentiality. Please contact 770-309-9551 for additional questions or to schedule for your free phone consultation. If this question or answer pertains to bankruptcy, please be advised that we are a federal debt relief agency. One of our areas of practice is to help people file for bankruptcy relief and protection under the U.S. Bankruptcy Code.

2. If the Order has been signed and filed with the Clerk then it is a valid and enforceable Order. A letter or a Motion for Reconsideration does not invalidate the Order. If you do not have an attorney then you should contact one immediately to respond to the letter or motion for reconsideration. At the very minimum you need to respond.

You can ask for a court date to argue the letter or motion and get clarification from the Judge on what he meant to include and not include.