Does he have a strong case to take me to small court?

Asked 2 months ago - Orange, NJ

I had a car accident a couple of months ago and I was in 100% fault. The other driver had body damage to his car. My car insurance, only paid 40% of the other driver’s damages. His car is 12 years old. It seems to me that the car insurance did some depreciation calculation on his car and that’s why they are paying such a low amount. The other driver has contacted me, explaining the hard time he is having with my insurance and everything he has done to get paid for the damages. He is a very polite gentleman and he stated that taking me to court is his last option, but he is determine to get the full money to cover the bodyshop estimates he received. I understand his point that the money paid by the insurance company is so low that any bodyshop will do a half ass job to repair his car if the

1. William J Popovich

5

Best Answer

Answered . New Jersey has no-fault insurance. You should do everything through your insurance company. Very unlikely that he can sue for this, but ask the insurance company whether they will provide a lawyer if he does sue.

Pro

7

Answered . Simply turn it over to your insurance company to resolve if he does.

3. Michael T Warshaw

3

Answered . When he sues you turn case over to your insurance company.

4. Anthony Francis Belotta

Pro

2

Answered . In the event that the person files a lawsuit against you, I would immediately forward the Complaint to your insurance agent and/or insurance company directly. Your insurance company would then retain an attorney with no charge to you and the attorney would defend you in the court case. Best of luck to you.