Does having an LLC in New York require paying an annual fee ?

Pomona, NY |

I'm basically in the process of starting an online webstore and want to know if having an llc would cost an annual fee to keep it.

I understand with an LLC it can protect someone from being sued directly but I'm weighing out to see if it is worth doing and will also cost money to keep it going.

Thanks

1. You should really consult with a corporate attorney re: the pluses and minuses of the different corporate forms in New York. See following link for ongoing fee requirements.

2. I believe there is a small biannual fee.

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and have been doing criminal defense work for over 16 years. I was named to the Super Lawyers list as one of the top attorneys in New York for 2012. No more than 5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by Super Lawyers. Martindale-Hubbell has given me its highest rating - AV Preeminent - in the areas of Criminal Law, Personal Injury, and Litigation. According to Martindale-Hubbell”AV Preeminent is a significant rating accomplishment - a testament to the fact that a lawyer's peers rank him or her at the highest level of professional excellence." Fewer than 8% of attorneys achieve an AV Preeminent rating. I also have the highest ranking – “superb” – on Avvo. Feel free to check out my web site and contact me. The above answer, and any follow up comments or emails is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.

Business topics