Does having a stokes interview make it easier to obtain an i751 waiver

Asked almost 2 years ago - New York, NY

We had a stokes interview, which we passed and I was given a conditional green card. Now it's been 8 months since I got it, I'm divorcing my wive because of her cheating on me and will be filing for a 751 waiver. Does the fact that we passed a stokes make it easier to obtain a waiver? Is it important that I indicate my wife's adultery in the divorce decree ?

1. Deborah Lynne Karapetian

Pro

2

Answered . The prior interview is irrelevant. Now you are worried about the 2 year period after the interview and proving the marriage is real.

2. Javier E Morales

1

Answered . I agree with my colleague, best advice is to retain an attorney to guide your through the process of filing the I-751 with the waiver.

3. J Charles Ferrari

1

Answered . No. Whether an I-751 waiver is approved depends on the evidence submitted to support the I-751.