Does having a stokes interview make it easier to obtain an i751 waiver

New York, NY |

We had a stokes interview, which we passed and I was given a conditional green card. Now it's been 8 months since I got it, I'm divorcing my wive because of her cheating on me and will be filing for a 751 waiver. Does the fact that we passed a stokes make it easier to obtain a waiver? Is it important that I indicate my wife's adultery in the divorce decree ?

The prior interview is irrelevant. Now you are worried about the 2 year period after the interview and proving the marriage is real.

I agree with my colleague, best advice is to retain an attorney to guide your through the process of filing the I-751 with the waiver.

Morales Law Firm P.A. 2100 Coral Way Ste 703 Miami, FL 33145 (305) 851-7856 This response is not offered as legal advice, but is only a general informational response for public interest. No one reading this is authorized to claim that an attorney client relationship exists with this writer or the writer's law firm.

an advice such as "to retain a lawyer" does not answer my question at all. Just FYI

No. Whether an I-751 waiver is approved depends on the evidence submitted to support the I-751.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.