Does having a speeding ticket (84 on 70) effect my H1B Stamping?

Bryan, OH |

I've got this speeding ticket on 31st Oct, 2012 in Ohio (was driving 84mph on 70mph freeway). I am going for H1B stamping in Canada and want to know if it effects on stamping? Would that be a problem for coming back into Canada?

sorry, I mean coming back into USA from Canada

Just a speeding ticket does not matter as long as you paid the fine.

Check with your lawyer who helped with the H-1B. Make sure you are as well prepared as possible for the H-1B interview, and have a plan B for use in the event your H-1B stamping does not get approved.

A speeding ticket will not matter at all and have no effect whatsoever on your visa application.

Just make sure you pay it on time. The fine will be doubled and tripled in no time otherwise, with the court issuing a "beach warrant" for your arrest otherwise.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

Giacomo Jacques Behar

Giacomo Jacques Behar

Bench warrant

Traffic tickets topics

Recommended articles about Traffic tickets