Does harassment from non custodial parents limit visitation?

New York, NY |

I'm being harassed by text every day the non custodial parent has the child

Depends on what is said, if it is a threat yes it could. If it is just the standard trash talking you need to develop a thicker skin.

My name is Stephen R. Cohen and have practiced since 1974. I practice in Los Angeles and Orange County, CA. These answers do not create an attorney client relationship. My answers may offend I believe in telling the truth, I use common sense as well as the law. Other state's laws may differ.. There are a lot of really good attorneys on this site, I will do limited appearances which are preparation of court documents it is , less expensive. However generally I believe an attorney is better than none.

2. It does not necessarily impact visitation, but may (depending on the nature & frequency of the texts) provide a basis for an order of protection. Schedule a consultation with a NYC Child Custody attorney for a full assessment.

* If you found my answer to be "HELPFUL," or the "BEST ANSWER," please feel free to mark it accordingly.

3. If the non custodial parent is truly harassing you, then consult an attorney about an order of protection if the action rises to that level.

If this answer is helpful, then please mark the helpful button. If this is the best answer, then please indicate it. Thanks. For further information you should see an attorney and discuss the matter completely.