Does harassment from non custodial parents limit visitation?

Asked 10 months ago - New York, NY

I'm being harassed by text every day the non custodial parent has the child

1. David Ivan Bliven

Pro

1

1

Answered . It does not necessarily impact visitation, but may (depending on the nature & frequency of the texts) provide a basis for an order of protection. Schedule a consultation with a NYC Child Custody attorney for a full assessment.

* If you found my answer to be "HELPFUL," or the "BEST ANSWER," please feel free to mark it accordingly.
  2. Stephen Ross Cohen

2

Best Answer

Answered . Depends on what is said, if it is a threat yes it could. If it is just the standard trash talking you need to develop a thicker skin.

3. Jayson Lutzky

Pro

1

Answered . If the non custodial parent is truly harassing you, then consult an attorney about an order of protection if the action rises to that level.