Does H4 visa need to be transferred if my husband's changes employer (H1B Transfer).

Asked over 1 year ago - Lincoln, NE

My husband is on H1B visa with validity till 2015 , and now he is in a process of transferring his visa to new employer . I am also in USA on H4 visa with validity till 2015 :
1) Do in need to transfer my H4 visa also to his new employer as his previous employer name is mentioned in my H4 visa .
2). Can I also apply for new H1B for year 2013 - 2014 . If ( yes ) can I submit his previous employer details ( like I-797) or I need to submit his new employer details only.
3). If I apply for new H1B , does it makes any negative impact on his H1B transfer.

Attorney answers (4)

  1. Brendan Michael Kelly


    Contributor Level 18

    Answered . You should not be impacted, but you can transfer your H1B to the new employer. We will offer you a free initial consultation to talk about the case and show you how we can help you out. Give us a call at 402-455-1711 to set up a time to talk about the matter. We have been in business for almost 25 years and fight hard for the people we represent.

  2. Ilona Dzhamgarova

    Contributor Level 14

    Answered . 1) You have to apply for H-4 with new empoyer
    2)You can submit H-1B
    3) It will not impact your husband trasfer.

  3. Alexander Joseph Segal

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . No.

    NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866)... more
  4. Tripti Sharad Sharma


    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . 1) No.
    2) Yes. However if your company has not already applied or about to in the first week of April, there will probably be no numbers left for the rest of this fiscal year
    3) No

    This response is general in nature and cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known.... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

25,108 answers this week

3,043 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

25,108 answers this week

3,043 attorneys answering