Does getting remarried in Florida affect Child Support payments?

Asked over 4 years ago - Coral Springs, FL

If I am to marry a divorced father of two I am concerned that my income would be used to remodify child support payments that he makes. Do I need to see an attorney prior to being married to protect my assests from her?

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Ayuban Antonio Tomas


    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . Getting re-married, by itself, will not affect your child-support payments. You may want to consider filing your taxes separately from your new husband to prevent your former spouse from using your new husband's wage information as ammunition for a bogus legal argument.

    THESE COMMENTS ARE NOT LEGAL ADVICE. They are provided for informational purposes only. Actual legal advice can only be provided after consultation by an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction. Answering this question does not create an attorney-client relationship or otherwise require further consultation.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

24,734 answers this week

2,928 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

24,734 answers this week

2,928 attorneys answering