Skip to main content

Does getting back with your ex cancel out court orders?

Denver, CO |

we got back together but not working out so we split she took off child support and put it back on but we never canceled my parenting time and haven't saw my son for a month. and on my paper work i was supposed to have my son for easter part of the day and a few days on spring break. she wont even let him call. and when i call she call the cops and says I'm harassing her.

Attorney Answers 3

  1. If there are court orders in place, re-unification does not change anything unless your orders say so.

    In no way am I offering you legal advice, and in no way has my comment created an attorney-client relationship. You are not to rely upon my note above in any way, but insted need to sit down with counsel and share all relevant facts before receiving fully-informed legal advice. If you want to be completely sure of your rights, you must sit down with an experienced criminal defense attorney to be fully aware of your rights.

  2. nope, you will need to go back to court and alter them.

    Legal disclaimer: The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of Massachusetts. Responses are based solely on Massachusetts law unless stated otherwise.

  3. Not without a subsequent Order.

Child support topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics