Does FNU in a name create an issue in Green Card processing?

Marlboro, NJ |
Filed under: Green cards

Hello, does FNU in a name create an issue in Green Card processing? My wife doesn't have a last name so US consulate in my country used FNU as her first name on visa and her first name as her last name. She has an h1b approval from USCIS with FNU as her first name and last name as her first name. I'm assuming USCIS already has her in record.

I'm working in US on h1b and she's currently in US on h4 but has a valid approved h1b petition with FNU in her name.

No. This is common with people having only one name.

Not by itself.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

That's one "FNU" too many with the H-1B approval.. No, all jokes aside, I don't think this, in and off by itself could create a problem.. Wait until she apples for naturalization, she can then change her name to Sophia Loren (for free!) on her certificate of naturalization and her future US passport. May we live that long ..

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

Recommended articles about Immigration