Does Florida have a statute of limations on traffic tickets issued?

Newport News, VA |

I got 3 traffic tickets 4 years ago in Florida, I now live in Virginia

The statute of limitations for traffic infractions in Florida is 1 year, meaning you have to be handed or served the ticket within that time. If you received the tickets at the time of the incidents, the statute of limitations is satisfied. The fact that you didn't go to court to contest the tickets in 4 years has no bearing on the statute. Assuming you ignored the tickets, you have what we call D6 suspensions on your license, in Florida, for each unresolved ticket. Since the States all agree to an interstate agreement to honor each others actions on a person's license, you may be driving on a suspended license in the state where you live.

I would check with your state driver's license bureau to see what the status of you license is.

If you were served with the citations at the scene the statute of limitations has been satisfied. You should retain counsel to see about clearing these citations.