Does FL have case or statutory law allowing a damages suit against a neighbor that has convinced a 30+ year spouse to desert?

Asked over 1 year ago - Lakeland, FL

Spouse left without warning and moved in with a more affluent younger man two doors away. He befriended both of us while scheming to convince her. Apparently she didn't have the character to remain moral under such enticement. The desertion has caused loss of financial support, marital relations, anguish and all that comes with such careless behavior. I am interesting in counter suing spouse in divorce and suing him for all of the loss he has inflicted.

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Stephen Ross Cohen

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . As Kid Creole said "you can have her" let her be she is not worth the b.s. In California there is no such right. try looking up alienation of affection florida law. The concept is generally misfavored in Modern Courts.

    My name is Stephen R. Cohen and I have practiced over 38 years and can be reached at 213-819-1171. I practiced... more

Related Topics


Divorce is the process of formally ending a marriage. Divorces may be jointly agreed upon, resolved by negotiation, or decided in court.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

26,160 answers this week

2,774 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

26,160 answers this week

2,774 attorneys answering