Does firts time H1B visa stamping needs to be done in Homecountry only

Asked over 1 year ago - Tallahassee, FL

I got converted from H4 to H1B.I am planning to go to Home country.Do i need to get stamping in my Homecountry only or can i vis it Canada or Mexico also

Attorney answers (4)

  1. Myron Russell Morales


    Contributor Level 17


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Make sure that you contact the Consulate in advance to see if they will take applications from third part nationals and if they will take your case. For example, so consulates in Canada or Mexico do not like to see first time H-1B applications from someone that has been in the U.S. on a B-1 or B-2.

    This answer is not to be construed as legal advice. For a free telephone consultation, contact us now at:... more
  2. Alexander Joseph Segal

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . No

    NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866)... more
  3. Eliza Grinberg

    Contributor Level 19


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You can travel to Canada, Mexico or the Caribbeans for the visa. Make sure you contact the consulate first so they would not subject you to a long wait.

  4. Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . No.

    DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general... more

Related Topics

US visas

There are many types of immigrant and non-immigrant visas, including work visas, student visas, and marriage visas.

H1B speciality occupation visa

If you have special skills and the right experience, you might be eligible for a H-1B visa if there is a shortage of qualified workers.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

29,367 answers this week

3,369 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

29,367 answers this week

3,369 attorneys answering