Does firts time H1B visa stamping needs to be done in Homecountry only

Asked about 1 year ago - Tallahassee, FL

I got converted from H4 to H1B.I am planning to go to Home country.Do i need to get stamping in my Homecountry only or can i vis it Canada or Mexico also

1. Myron Russell Morales

Pro

5

Answered . Make sure that you contact the Consulate in advance to see if they will take applications from third part nationals and if they will take your case. For example, so consulates in Canada or Mexico do not like to see first time H-1B applications from someone that has been in the U.S. on a B-1 or B-2.

2. Alexander Joseph Segal

4

Answered . No

3. Eliza Grinberg

4

Answered . You can travel to Canada, Mexico or the Caribbeans for the visa. Make sure you contact the consulate first so they would not subject you to a long wait.

4. Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

1

Answered . No.