Does filing for and receiving unemployment benefits affect my application for my green card?

Miami, FL |

I received my permanent residence based on a marriage with an American citizen. I'm applying for conditions on the residence to be removed since I'm still married to him.
There was a laid off at work and I would like to apply for unemployment. I've been working since I got married. Will this affect the decision of renewing my residence?
Thank you!

1. You should be OK ... unemployment is part of an insurance program ... not welfare.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

2. This should not affect you since this is not welfare. Just are just getting back what you invested in the system.