Does everything on a juvenile record get sealed if the judge grants the petition?

I filed a petition to seal my record and the judge granted my petition today. Does this mean that everything in relation to my juvenile record is sealed or only what's on the petition? The reason I ask this is because I did a live scan a few months ago and two things came up on it. But when I went to the courthouse to get a copy of my arrest records, three things came up. I was told by the clerk that everything gets sealed once the judge grants my petition. But I just wanted to make sure because I want my entire juvenile record sealed, not just part of it. If anyone can give me some input that would be great.

1. The seal should be just one court file. The one court file may not include "everything in relation to your juvenile record." There may be things related to your record that are not in the court file.

When you did Livescan and "two things came up," may be related to cases that were not subject to the petition.

To have your entire juvenile record sealed, you may want to file petitions for the other cases as well.

2. I agree with my colleague. Petition to seal a record is specific to a particular case. Filing a petition to seal for each juvenile matter should clear up your record.

3. I agree with attorney Hill.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

Juvenile law topics