DOES EMAILS TRANSACTIONS MEET PERSONAL JURISDICTION?

Cincinnati, OH |

Does emails send and received from defendants established minimum contact with the forum State to establish a cause for personal jurisdiction in the state where the plaintiff is resident?

1. I am not licensed in OH, so you really need to check with an OH lawyer on this.

Generally, minimum contacts requires a presence in the state WITH an intet to remain there. The fact that parties are emailing each other is generally speaking not sufficient for minimum contacts purposes. However, there may be a specific OH statute that I am unaware of that dictates otherwise.

Sgsain, speak with an OH lawyer that can give you specifics.

-Adam Jaffe Law Office of Adam Jay Jaffe PO Box 2437 Camarillo, CA 93011-2437 (805) 504-2223 www.smallclaimsappeals.com Adam@SmallClaimsAppeals.com This posting is provided for “information purposes” only and should not be relied upon as "legal advice". Nothing transmitted from this posting constitutes the establishment of an attorney-client relationship. Applicability of the legal principles discussed here may differ substantially in individual situations or in different states.