Does EAD need to be re-issued everytime the alien enters United States?

Asked over 1 year ago - Des Moines, IA

I have a valid Employment Authorization Document (EAD) card. It is mentioned on my card "Not valid for reentry to U.S.". My question is that if I leave US on short term basis (eg. for few weeks vacation), will I need to come back and apply for EAD card again? If yes, what is the process followed?

1. Michael Hugh Carlin

2

1

Best Answer

Answered . The words "Not valid for reentry to U.S." on your EAD mean that US immigration officials at ports of entry will not admit you to the United States based upon your EAD (unless the EAD also indicates that it is valid as a travel permit). It does NOT mean that your EAD becomes invalid simply because you leave the United States. An EAD is for the purpose of showing that you are authorized to work.

2. Samuel Patrick Ouya Maina

1

Answered . No. You will only need to apply for the EAD if it is expiring.

3. Stephen Ross Cohen

Answered . Have a nice trip. Bon Voyage.