Does EAD go invalid when changing Visa from L2 to H4?

Asked almost 3 years ago - Seattle, WA

The EAD was initially approved under L2 and valid for 2 years. Now I might need to change to H4, will the EAD still be valid for the approved 2 years?

1. C. C. Abbott

1

Best Answer

Answered . If you look at your EAD card it has a category under which you received the card. If you change visas, that results in you being present within the US under a different non immigrant visa, the EAD authorization ends.

2. Jacob Jan Sapochnick

Pro

1

1

Answered . The L2 carries the benefit of applying for the EAD card. The H4 does not allow for the same benefit. As soon as you obtain H4 status, you should not be using the EAD card.

3. Ekaette Patty-Anne Eddings

Answered . I agree with my colleague. It is unwise to work without a valid EAD.

Goodluck.

4. J Charles Ferrari

Answered . Your EAD becomes invalid the moment your status is changed to H-4.