Does doing Obama's new immigration policy messes with getting a legal status??

Asked over 2 years ago - Islip, NY

i am well qualified for the president's new immigration policy but me and my bf wants to get married in December. if i do both at the same time do they mess with each other?? My BF will be leaving for army training next month and he will be gone for a while and i want to work and maybe go to school during that period of time he is gonna be away. Is it possible to do the new policy and get married and apply for a legal status without complication??

1. 4

Best Answer

Answered . The President's policy announcement should not interfere with somone's eligibility and/or ability to apply for permanent residence. That being said, if you qualify for residence, I would suggest you take that route.

Once the rules are announced, which should be by mid-August, things should be clearer. You and your boyfriend may wish to consult with an experienced immigration attorney for further professional assistance and guidance.

Good luck!

2. 2

Answered . I agree with my colleague, you should consult a qualified Immigration Attorney before filing any applications, he/she will be able to review your case in depth an determine whether or not you are eligible for adjustment of status and/or deferred action.

3. Answered . If your BF is doing US Army Training ... you two had better talk to an immigration attorney immediately.

People in the US without legal papers can't join the US Armed Forces.

_______________________________________________________________________________________
    Franco Capriotti - Senior Legal Counsel & Former Professor of Immigration Law - Capriotti International Law - franco@capriotti.com

Our services are not limited by State, nor International bounderies. Our licenses allow us to represent people worldwide.
    Do not rely completely on information you get on any website. It is always wise to consult personally with an immigration attorney before taking action.

Consider contacting one of the attorneys on Avvo, or www.ailalawyer.com

NOTE: If you are low income go here: www.justice.gov/eoir/probono/states.htm or http://www.immigrationlawhelp.org/
    _____________________________________________________________________________________

Capriotti International Law
    www.capriotti.com
    franco@capriotti.com
    1-503-221-1600
    SKYPE AVAILABLE