Does DEA agents have the right to get personally involved abusing their powers in a DV claim when there was no evidence of it?

Charleston, SC |

without a warrant in hand, how can they just simply harass, then get a judge to sign a warrant the next day claiming their suspect resisting arrest .as for as the DV charge it was proving to be false. How does one pursue damages here when multiple witness seen dea having their AR15's with lasers aimed into all windows of a house when only a grandmother and her four year old great grandson were sleeping. Attorney general seems to have deaf ears on these matters.

The only thing I can think of was my spouse spouted to dea agent friend, that I just cashed out my 401k and was paying cash for a home. instead she wanted it. perhaps they wanted their cut too

You presented a one sided self-serving version of events--the law enforcement version would need to be understood in order to give you a meaningful answer.

NOT LEGAL ADVICE. FOR EDUCATION AND INFORMATION ONLY. DO NOT RELY ON ANY ADVICE YOU RECEIVE FROM ME OR ANY OTHER ATTORNEY IN THIS FORUM. Legal advice comes after a complete review of the facts and relevant documents and an expressed (written) agreement of representation that forms attorney-client confidentiality. Neither of these two events can occur in this forum. Mr. Rafter is licensed to practice in the Commonwealth of Virginia and the US Federal Courts in Virginia. His answers to any Avvo question are rooted in general legal principles--NOT your specific state laws. There is no implied or actual attorney-client relationship arising from this education exchange. You should speak with an attorney licensed in your state, to whom you have provided all the facts before you take steps that may impact your legal rights. Mr. Rafter is under no obligation to answer subsequent emails or phone calls related to this or any other matter.

You could talk with an attorney who handles civil rights claims. It does not sounds like this case would get far though.

Disclaimer: No attorney client privilege is established by receiving an answer to your question on Avvo. This answer is provided for informational purposes only. If you have further questions, please do not hesitate to visit my Avvo profile or website -- www.AfterTheTrial.com -- to set up an appointment to talk more about your issue. As required by Rule 7.2(e), Alabama Rules of Professional Conduct, no representation is made that the quality of the legal services to be performed is greater than the quality of legal services performed by other lawyers.

I agree that more facts are needed and from both your and the law enforcement perspective to arrive at any reasonably intelligent opinion.

The above is not intended as legal advice. The response does not constitute the creation of an attorney client relationship as this forum does not provide for a confidential communication.