Does CT statute 20-247 apply to commercial work?

Asked 8 months ago - Stamford, CT

I worked for a doctor's office (painted the interior of the office. Person (doctor) hiring me was aware that I didn't have a contractors license or home improvement license for residential work. Now they went o the police and pressing charges against m saying that I did the work without proper license. Police wants to charge me with statute 20-247. Can they do that? I though 20-247 only applied to "home" improvements not for place of business. Please help.. Thanks.

Pro

7

Answered . Best to speak to a local Stamford criminal lawyer immediately, and don't make any statements without your lawyer.

2. John M Connell

Pro

5

Answered . This is not a workers compensation question so you may want to try to repost it under criminal law to get answers from attys in that area of the law in your state

3. Joseph B Barnes III

3

Answered . Sec. 20-247. deals with the Appeal rights for a BARBER aggrieved by a final decision of the Department of Public health. Section 20-427 deals with unlicensed contractors offering or performing services on RESIDENTIAL property. Each Violation: offer, performance, etc., can be deemed a separate crime punishable as a B-Misdemeanor (up to 6 mos jail time). GET A LAWYER!

4. Lee Alan Thompson

3

Answered . The attorneys, Mr. Lassen and Mr. McConnell are right, this is not a workers compensation question. The police want to charge you with a crime. You need a criminal defense attorney.