Does credit counseling affect petition for permanent greedcard?

Chicago, IL |

My wife currently has a conditional greencard. I have to petition her before it expires to get a permanent greencard. Does me going into a credit counseling program affect getting a permanent card for her?

1. No. In fact there is no new affidavit of support for your application for removal of condition. All you will be submitting is proof your marriage is in good faith.

The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an attorney to discuss your individual case.

2. No

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

3. No. Your financial state will not be an issue.

Law Office of Mary K. Neal | www.immigratechicago.com | info@rogersparklaw.com| 773-681-1335 This answer is intended as public information about a legal topic. Answers posted here do not create an attorney-client relationship. For specific legal advice, please make an appointment to speak with an attorney in private.