Does cps have the right to take my baby away

Asked over 3 years ago - Tacoma, WA

does cps have the right to take my baby away if i lost my parental right for my 3 other kids that was adopted out last in june to cps and only lost my parental rights for those 3 kids only cps took my newborn child from the hospital last month said i meant harm her and they saying i'm doing drugs too but i never did drugs or drink in my life and can cps and the hospital get in trouble for lying in court and how long will it take to get my child out of foster care

1. Bruce Clement

Pro

Answered . I formerly worked as an attorney for CPS before private practice. They can remove a child from a parent's custody based on solid evidence of abuse or neglect. Removal of other children may in some cases be relevant to show a continuing pattern of abuse or neglect. Children in foster care have their cases reviewed periodically by the courts to see if a parent has become able to reassume custody. You should be appointed an attorney to represent you in court if you can't afford to hire a lawyer. In most cases, your best bet is to make your best effort to comply with all directions from the court, the Guardian ad Litem for your kids, and the CPS worker assigned to your case.

2. Yevgeny Jack Berner

Pro

Answered . I recommend you hire an aggressive dependency attorney immediately, if your case is currently in dependency. CPS has wide discretion and is rarely held accountable.

Jack Berner,
    BERNER LAW GROUP, PLLC