Does consular processing for a minor automatically provide him with a temporary non-immigrant visa?

Asked over 1 year ago - New York, NY

I will be marrying my boyfriend, a US citizen next month and will also start the consular process for my son (12, lives in Spain with Israeli nationality). My question is; once the process starts would he be provided with a non-immigrant (tourism) visa in the meantime to come visit me in the US? It's important for me to know that he can come visit me in the US at least once throughout the process (I was told it might take up to 8 months to get his green card). If not, can I petition for one?

1. J Charles Ferrari

4

Answered . Not only is it not automatic, but it is highly unlikely.

2. Jeffrey Jose Estrella

2

Answered . The time for the visa should be instant but never can tell with the consultate. Yes, you can with the sponsorship once your new US citizen husband sponsors you.

www.estrellalawyer.com

3. Tripti Sharad Sharma

Pro

1

Answered . More facts required - whom does the child live with and where does he go to school? If he is wholly dependent on you, B-2 is not an option.