Skip to main content

Does child support papers have to be served to the non-custodial parent for it to be enforced?

Miami, FL |

I sent an application for child support services to the state. My ex-boyfriend says that he just will never let himself be served. Will they still proceed with the case if they can't serve him via the sheriff? I heard that all they were required to do was send a letter to the address on his license and it is up to him to keep that updated.

Attorney Answers

No attorney answers yet.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics