Does child support change if I live with my child's father?

Milwaukee, WI |

We had agreed to 50/50 placement and had set our own schedule and letting the court decide the child support. Me and my child's father recently got back together and I'm living with him now. Our court date is coming up. Will the child support change if we live together?

It depends. Either the court will dismiss the case for support, or they will order it and send it to you at his location. I usually have it ordered, because the odds are you will one day sseparate, and it would save you going back to court to resolve child suport.

WALWORTH, ROCK and JEFFERSON County Divorce/Family Law Attorney - Atty Richard Missimer does answer questions on Avvo strictly to be helpful but these do not constitute legal advice. These answers do not establish an attorney/client relationship. If you would like my help and are within my practice area, contact me at (262)565-8200 for a FREE CONSULTATION.

Most often in Milwaukee County, it has been my experience that the Courts hold open child support in a cohabitation case such as yours until you are no longer residing together with the minor child because all of income in going into the same household. This particularly applies if you have both agreed to shared physical placement and it will be unknown what both of you sill be earning at the time the two of you may separate.

Child support topics

Recommended articles about Child support