Does Card/Document Production step mean application approved?

Madera, CA |

i applied for the deferred action childhood arrivals to get authorization for employment and to get my green card on October 17. I reviewed my case on the USCIS website today on December 27 and my current case status is on the bubble that says card/document production. Does this means i am approved???

1. YES, aabsolutely. Congratulations!

Contact attorney Gintare Grigaite, Esq. at 201-471-7989, located in New York and New Jersey. Answers on AVVO do not constitute legal advice and do not form attorney-client relationship. Always consult an attorney for a legal advice.

2. Yes, that absolutely means application approved and card production ordered.
    You should get it in the mail within no later than 2weeks from now.

Congratulations!

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

3. I agree -- Congratulations.

DISCLAIMER: David J. McCormick is licensed to practice law in the State of Wisconsin and this answer is being provided for informational purposes only because the laws of your jurisdiction may differ. This answer based on general legal principles and is not intended for the purpose of providing specific legal advice or opinions. Under no circumstances does this answer constitute the establishment of an attorney-client relationship.

4. Just to clarify -- Approval for Deferred Action does NOT mean you get a "green card." You will receive employment authorization valid for two years with which you may obtain a valid social security number and obtain lawful work. However, it is not a grant of residency which is what a 'green card' signifies. Hopefully, we will get some sort of immigration reform soon so that DREAMers like you will have a path toward lawful permanent residency and citizenship.