Does Calling USCIS lead to denial?

Applied for OPT in March. Got approval on May, 26th. My status was Card production and then to RFE. Sent back the response putting everything in the USPS Envelope through First Class Mail. It reached USCIS on 11th June. I expedited the case on 17th June. They again sent me the same RFE Response as a response to the Expedite Request. Responded through USPS Priority mail. Reached USCIS on 27th June as per USPS. I called USCIS on 1st July and the officer said they dont have any updates on receiving my photos and she sent an email to the csc to check for the photos and produce card faster. I am worried that if the officer gets the email and he does not get my photos will he just deny my case this time?

San Jose, CA -

J Charles Ferrari

J Charles Ferrari

Immigration Attorney - Los Angeles, CA

Calling USCIS does not lead to a denial.

Miroslava Orduno Rincon

Miroslava Orduno Rincon

Immigration Attorney - Detroit, MI

No, it does not. Give it some time. Expedites on OPTs are not a guarantee.

J. Thomas Smith Ph.D.

J. Thomas Smith Ph.D.

Immigration Attorney - Houston, TX

No.

Tsirina Goroshit

Tsirina Goroshit

Immigration Attorney - New York, NY

No, give them sometime to update files.

Related Advice