Does Calling USCIS lead to denial?

San Jose, CA |
Filed under: Immigration

Applied for OPT in March. Got approval on May, 26th. My status was Card production and then to RFE. Sent back the response putting everything in the USPS Envelope through First Class Mail. It reached USCIS on 11th June. I expedited the case on 17th June. They again sent me the same RFE Response as a response to the Expedite Request. Responded through USPS Priority mail. Reached USCIS on 27th June as per USPS.
I called USCIS on 1st July and the officer said they dont have any updates on receiving my photos and she sent an email to the csc to check for the photos and produce card faster.

I am worried that if the officer gets the email and he does not get my photos will he just deny my case this time?

1. No, it does not. Give it some time. Expedites on OPTs are not a guarantee.

This information is provided as a courtesy based upon the limited information provided in your post and does not constitute an attorney-client relationship.

2. Calling USCIS does not lead to a denial.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

3. No.

Law Offices of J Thomas Smith J.D., Ph.D 11500 Northwest Freeway, Suite 280 Houston, TX 77092 713-LAWYER-2 www.MyImmigrationLawyer.info NOTE: Responses are for the education of the community at large and is not intended to be "legal advice." No attorney-client relationship is established by responses or comments.

4. No, give them sometime to update files.

The above is intended as general information only and cannot be relied upon as legal advice. Call (212)880-1538 for detailed evaluation of your case. Laws change constantly and vary from state to state. The legal principals discussed may differ substantially from your personal situation. Therefore, You should consult an attorney about your particular situation. Visit us at WWW.USIMMIGRATIONPLUS.COM Contact Immigration Law Offices of Tsirina Goroshit at 275 Madison Avenue, 4th Floor New York, NY 10016