Does California Department of Justice background check show convictions (no jail time) from other state?

San Diego, CA |
Filed under: Criminal conviction

What exactly show up besides convictions from CA?

1. Should be everything - I think it uses the FBI database. But it may depend - are you talking abt a BG check for a job?

Answers are for informational purposes, not legal advice for your specific situation. www.appealsandhabeas.com

2. Depending on the agency and the background check they do is the most conservative answer I can give. However, if I was a betting man, I would bet it does in a majority of cases.

3. California DOJ has the ability to view convictions from all 50 states, the District of Columbia, the U.S. territories and I believe Canada. This is because DOJ has access to the FBI database.

Seth Weinstein, Esq.
    Practicing throughout Southern California
    (310) 707-7131
    www.sethweinsteinlaw.com

This reply should NOT be considered a legal opinion of your case / inquiry. At this time I do not have sufficient factual/legal documentation to give a complete answer to your question and there may be more to the issues you raised then I have set out in my brief reply.

4. Submit to a livescan and see for yourself.

Law Offices of David Shapiro 3555 4th Avenue San Diego, CA 92103 (619) 295-3555

5. All state and federal convictions will be shown on your Dept of Justice Live Scan (CA) and on your NCIC (FBI) record. But why guess about what is there? Order your own copy. Fast cheap reliable. Use Google for a list of outlets all over the State of CA to get this done.

My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must not be relied upon as legal advice. I give legal advice only in the course of an attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by individual consultation and execution of a written agreement for legal services.