Does belonging to a marching band count as a "Foundation, Club, Party, or Society" under Part 9 of the N-400?

Asked 11 months ago - Knoxville, TN

Going over my N-400 application, and in Part 9 it asks for a list of "Foundation, Clubs, Society's, or Party's". I was a member of a volunteer marching band in Canada from middle-school till a few months before coming to the US. Does that need to be listed under part 9?

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Thomas Johnson Rosser

    Contributor Level 11

    Answered . Yes. Go ahead and list it since transparency in such affiliations is the best policy.

    Response to this question does NOT establish an attorney-client relationship with the person requesting such... more
  2. Giacomo Jacques Behar


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees


    Answered . No. It is a political organization they are really looking for there more like an "Islamic charity" or some sorts or something akin to that.

    Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that... more
  3. Angela Teide Moore

    Contributor Level 13

    Answered . Not relevant to that question.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

27,393 answers this week

3,064 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

27,393 answers this week

3,064 attorneys answering