Does belonging to a marching band count as a "Foundation, Club, Party, or Society" under Part 9 of the N-400?

Knoxville, TN |

Going over my N-400 application, and in Part 9 it asks for a list of "Foundation, Clubs, Society's, or Party's". I was a member of a volunteer marching band in Canada from middle-school till a few months before coming to the US. Does that need to be listed under part 9?

1. No. It is a political organization they are really looking for there more like an "Islamic charity" or some sorts or something akin to that.

Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

2. Yes. Go ahead and list it since transparency in such affiliations is the best policy.

Response to this question does NOT establish an attorney-client relationship with the person requesting such information.