Does being out of work (out of status) for 50 days between H 1 B and H 1 B transfer severely jeopardize green card chances?

I lost my job and by the time I could start the new job (the day the new H 1 B transfer was filed), 50 days of out of status had passed. How negatively will that affect the chances of green card approval?

Miami, FL -

Alena Shautsova

Alena Shautsova

Immigration Attorney - Brooklyn, NY

I agree with my colleague. You should consult an experienced immigration attorney for this matter. You may schedule a consultation with an immigration lawyer in your area, my firm is handling these matters in New York. If you would like free legal updates on these immigration issues you may sign up for our newsletter at http://www.shautsova.com .

Stephen D. Berman

Stephen D. Berman

Immigration Attorney - Chicago, IL

It should not, and you could also leave and return on the H1b and avoid any issues.

Samuel Patrick Ouya Maina

Samuel Patrick Ouya Maina

Immigration Attorney - San Francisco, CA

I agree with my colleagues