Does applying for food stamps will affect my pettition for my husband kids? My husband is a permanent resident already.

Asked 11 months ago - Bronx, NY

My husband just got his permanent residence we are thinking on doing the petition for his kids. Can I apply for food stamps or any other help. My husband works it just not enough. Will that affect the petition for the kids.

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

14

Answered . You can apply, However, you will definitely need a co-sponsor for the affidavit of support.

2. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

2

Answered . Yes, in that you will need to get a co-sponsor for the affidavit of support.

3. Evelyne M Hart

2

Answered . I agree with my colleagues. It will not affect obtaining the children's green cards but you will need to find a co-sponsor to sign the affidavit of support. The co-sponsor can be a U.S. Citizen or Lawful Permanent Resident and must reside in the United States. Please consult an immigration attorney to determine the co-sponsor's annual income to be able to sponsor your husband's children.