Does anyone know of a good attorney in Memphis, TN that does Probate Litigation.

Asked about 1 year ago - Memphis, TN

I have so many concerns about my brothers estate. The executor and attorney rush the sell of a business that the heirs did not sign off on. Sent letters saying someone else was an heir before going before the courts to declare this. I cannot seem to get an honest answer from my brother (estate executor) nor the probate attorney. One week the attorney tells me they have money set aside to issue once we sign the agreement and when the siblings did not agree they claim it is now insolvent. The probate attorney is trying to rush court dates before I can get counsel. My brother ask when the court date will be, the attorney told him he didn't need to be there and would not give him a court date. I would like to know if I have a case or not.

Attorney answers (4)

  1. Ronald S. Cook

    Contributor Level 14


    Lawyers agree


    Best Answer
    chosen by asker

    Answered . In addition to AVVO, you can call the local bar association. I would call the probate attorneys in that area and ask them who they refer litigation matters over to for litigation. Many probate attorneys don't handle litigation. In fact, some lawyers will offer to take your case to collect a retainer even though they will ultimately refer the matter out if it results in litigation. They do this after they figure out (on your dime) that they can't resolve the matter without litigation. Your situation sounds like you need a genuine litigator for probate matters right from the start - so you're doing the right thing in looking specifically for a probate litigator.

  2. Rebecca Lynne Evans


    Contributor Level 13


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . I am so sorry you are going through all this. I would suggest you use the FIND A LAWYER search on Avvo and call a few probate attorneys you find through that search until you find one you are comfortable with.

    For more information on my practice, call 703-658-6050 or go to This answer is only for... more
  3. John Michael Phillips


    Contributor Level 19


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You can have a local probate lawyer investigate the situation. Avvo has an excellent "find a lawyer" tool to locate a top-rated attorney near you who offers a free consultation.

    Please CLICK the button if I HELPED or was BEST ANSWER. No attorney-client relationship is established and... more
  4. Edwin Arnold Anderson


    Contributor Level 15

    Answered . Kevin Childress. 901-525-2527.

    Good luck.

    If you would like a consultation, call (865) 522-9000 to make an appointment. The information you obtain at... more

Related Topics

Estate planning and power of attorney

A power of attorney is a legal document giving another person the right to act on your behalf in various situations, within the limits set out by the document.

Probate assets

Probate assets are owned solely by the deceased and do not have any survivorship feature (like a beneficiary designation) for automatic transfer of ownership.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

29,324 answers this week

3,377 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

29,324 answers this week

3,377 attorneys answering