Does anyone know of a good attorney in Memphis, TN that does Probate Litigation.

Asked 10 months ago - Memphis, TN

I have so many concerns about my brothers estate. The executor and attorney rush the sell of a business that the heirs did not sign off on. Sent letters saying someone else was an heir before going before the courts to declare this. I cannot seem to get an honest answer from my brother (estate executor) nor the probate attorney. One week the attorney tells me they have money set aside to issue once we sign the agreement and when the siblings did not agree they claim it is now insolvent. The probate attorney is trying to rush court dates before I can get counsel. My brother ask when the court date will be, the attorney told him he didn't need to be there and would not give him a court date. I would like to know if I have a case or not.

1. Ronald S. Cook

2

1

Best Answer

Answered . In addition to AVVO, you can call the local bar association. I would call the probate attorneys in that area and ask them who they refer litigation matters over to for litigation. Many probate attorneys don't handle litigation. In fact, some lawyers will offer to take your case to collect a retainer even though they will ultimately refer the matter out if it results in litigation. They do this after they figure out (on your dime) that they can't resolve the matter without litigation. Your situation sounds like you need a genuine litigator for probate matters right from the start - so you're doing the right thing in looking specifically for a probate litigator.

2. Rebecca Lynne Evans

Pro

2

Answered . I am so sorry you are going through all this. I would suggest you use the FIND A LAWYER search on Avvo and call a few probate attorneys you find through that search until you find one you are comfortable with.

3. John Michael Phillips

2

Answered . You can have a local probate lawyer investigate the situation. Avvo has an excellent "find a lawyer" tool to locate a top-rated attorney near you who offers a free consultation.

4. Edwin Arnold Anderson

Pro

Answered . Kevin Childress. 901-525-2527.