Skip to main content

Does anyone know how the GM pension formula works regarding divorce?

Lansing, MI |
Filed under: Divorce

MY husband wants to send me half his pension every month, and not use attorneys. He says if we use the GM plan, they hold 1/3 of the money Is this true?

Attorney Answers 1


You need to have a Qualified Domestic Relations order (QDRO) drafted and approved to protect your interest in his pension. There is no GM formula other than what is stated in the QDRO.

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees

Divorce topics

Recommended articles about Divorce

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics