Does anyone know anything about the Aldrige Law Group?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Seattle, WA

My home is in foreclosure with a sale date. They are offering to represent me and say they can stop the sale immediately by doing the following:
The Law Firm will send out the "Limited Power of Attorney/Authorization to Represent" to your lender simultaneously. This document will tell them that you have retained Aldrige Law Group as your LAW FIRM and that they are going to do a complete forensic review of the loan to look for RESPA and TILA violations.

What is this and does it work?

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Kevin Terry Steinacker

    Contributor Level 11


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . I agree with Mr. Alexander; you should consult with an attorney licensed in
    WA because there are specific procedures available here that allow you to
    negotiate with your lender if you act within a short period of time after
    receiving the notice of trustee's sale. Simply telling the bank that
    someone is doing a forensic review will not stop the sale. (A forensic
    review would mean that they look over your initial loan docs to see if
    there was a violation of federal lending law when you got the loan. They
    might also check your payment history to ensure that the bank has been
    properly crediting payments, etc.) There is not enough room here to explain
    the options in detail but you have to make sure you talk to a Washington
    attorney because other states have different laws.

    I am not your attorney. My response is provided for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice.
  2. Shawn B Alexander


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . The Washington State Bar has a free program to do the same thing and help people in similar situations You should be able to find that law group as licensed attorney in Wa otherwise be careful.
    Good Luck

    Only If and until you and I sign an Agreement for Legal Services, I am not your attorney. These answers are... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

28,459 answers this week

3,003 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

28,459 answers this week

3,003 attorneys answering