Does anyone know a DUI lawyer in los angeles for 2k?

i just want to get the charge dropped from dui to wet reckless

1. Getting a lawyer shouldn't be a problem, but getting a wet isn't automatic. The facts of your case may allow it, but there's no way to know without a direct consultation.

Contributions on AVVO.com in no way create an attorney-client relationship nor are they intended to be relied upon as a course of action without having first consulted directly with an attorney, where the specific facts and circumstances of your case can be fully discussed.

2. Yes. Call me at 310-935-3100.

3. No attorney can guarantee a result and if one does run away from them. You can call my office for a free consultation. Understand that getting a wet will depend on several factors.
    Robert Driessen

Mr. Driessen is a former Deputy DA in Orange County with over 8 years of criminal law experience. Nothing stated on this site shall in anyway be construed as legal advice, or as creating any attorney client relationship. If you would like to hire Mr. Driessen, feel free to contact him at www.theocduiguy.com.

4. Putting a cap on the money you will spend on an attorney is a bad idea. If you had the choice between the best and the worst attorney - and the worst charged 2k and the best charged 3k, you'd be a fool to hire the person for 2k.

I tell my clients all the time - if you jumped out of a parachute, would you buy the cheapest parachute? or buy the best money could buy? - The best.

You should interview attorneys and hire the best fit for your case. Hiring an attorney strictly on price is ALWAYS a really bad idea.

The above information does not establish an attorney client relationship nor is it meant to provide legal advice.

5. Most lawyers will quote you after they have had an opportunity to discuss your case. it is best that you talk to an attorney directly.

6. I agree with some of the answers below. While it is understandable that you have a budget, you should not consider price as the most important factor when hiring a lawyer. While I have represented clients on a DUI for $2000, it will depend upon the seriousness and complexity of the case and where the court is. Unfortunately there are some attorneys that will charge even less than $1500 but will not provide a good service. I recommend you contact a few DUI lawyers and choose one who you believe will really care about YOUR case and has the experience and knowledge to successfully represent you. An attorney that does not handle a lot of DUI cases is probably not someone you should hire. I also agree with my colleagues that no lawyer can promise a specific result. The particulr facts of your case will dictate whether a wet reckless, or perhaps even a lesser offense such as a dry reckless, is possible. I would be happy to give you a free consultation if you are still looking for an attorney.