Does anyone have access to the arrest record? Is it just limited to the police or are there ways to get that information?

Asked about 5 years ago - San Diego, CA

My case was never filed, but it will stay on file with the police department. I just want to know what would be accessible to the public. I just don't want it to show up like 5 years from now.

Thank you.

1. John M. Kaman

Pro

Answered . It is difficult for the general public and even your attorney to access your rap sheet or criminal history. It is obviously available to the police and the DA; it is also available to you if you go through the proper channels. It should not otherwise be accessible although private investigatory agencies seem to know how to get their hands on this material.