Does any kind of arrests show on Texas DPS website?

Asked over 1 year ago - Houston, TX

How likely is it Texas DPS website to show accurate arrest records?

1. Cody Grant Henson

10

1

Answered . They are fairly accurate. However, they will usually not show items that have been expunged or subject to a non-disclosure order. It is not unheard of to find inaccurate information on a criminal history. For example, if the State does not report the proper disposition of a case, the offense as originally charged will show up and not the final disposition. For example, if someone was originally arrested for Burglary of a Habitation but it was reduced by the prosecution to a Trespass, if the State does not accurately do their CJIS reporting, the original charge will appear without the proper disposition. If you notice this on your criminal history you can contact the Texas Department of Public Safety in an attempt to correct any inaccurate information.

2. James Richard Butler

6

1

Answered . I agree with my peers and would suggest you visit the DPS website for information on how you can obtain a copy of your record. I believe the process involves them fingerprinting you and then running your criminal history. That way, if there are any discrepancies, you can challenge them. I hope this information helps.

3. George Cave Johnson Jr.

Pro

3

1

Answered . Yes. All arrests will show up unless they have been expunged. Keep in mind that a dismissal or non-prosecution does not mean the records were expunged. You should contact an attorney to expunge your record if it is warranted.

4. Stephen A. Gustitis

3

1

Answered . In my experience, the Texas Department of Public Safety Crimes Record Service does not list arrests unless they resulted in a disposition of some type. In other words, if you are arrested for a crime and the case is still pending, the DPS site does not show the arrest. However, other websites might show the arrest if they obtained the information from another source.

5. Wade J. Skalsky

4

1

Answered . There is little I can add to my peers answer other than you can almost always expect that it is possible for there to be errors with State agency reporting. The sheer volume of information they are dealing with and the nature of bureaucracies make it likely. I would definitely check to make sure any information regarding you is accurate. Good luck.