Does animal control have to remove my registered dog from my property before police do a search warrant

Los Banos, CA |

my friend has a a previous sales charges

The police don't want to sustain bites.

Your simply securing the animal should suffice.

However, better your dog be taken by AC than shot by the police.

The foregoing is for general information purposes and does not establish an attorney-client relationship.

If your dog is removed by animal control, you can be certain that the police executing the search warrant claimed, either truthfully or not, that your dog was not confined in a secure area not subject to search, that they were threatened by your dog or believed in good faith that your dog posed a risk to the officers searching the premises. Seizure of your dog under those circumstances would be upheld by any court.

LICENSED AND ACCEPTING CASES IN CALIFORNIA & UTAH - 911LAW.ORG - Former Judge Pro Tem in California Superior Court. CALIFORNIA PERSONAL INJURY CAR ACCIDENT ATTORNEY LAWYER. ST GEORGE UTAH PERSONAL INJURY CAR ACCIDENT ATTORNEY LAWYER. Attorney responses are provided for informational and educational purposes only and do not create an attorney client relationship. Such responses represent the attorney’s initial analysis based only upon the facts set forth in the question. Since the question may not include all of the facts or omit material facts or timelines which could affect the attorney’s conclusions, attorney responses should not be construed as legal advice for any particular set of facts but only as a preliminary opinion.

Recommended articles about Lawsuits and disputes