Does an out of state trust need to be registered with anyone in Florida in order to do business?

Miami, FL |

For example, can it buy/sell real estate, give mortgages, rent properties, etc. thanks

Generally, an out of state trust does ot need to register. We handle real estate transactions with out of state trusts routinely.

I agree with Attorney Miller. Trusts typically do not need to be registered. This is one of the advantages of using a trust. It is a private arrangement and does not require court involvement in most cases.

James Frederick

*** LEGAL DISCLAIMER I am licensed to practice law in the State of Michigan and have offices in Wayne and Ingham Counties. My practice is focused in the areas of estate planning and probate administration. I am ethically required to state that the above answer does not create an attorney/client relationship. These responses should be considered general legal education and are intended to provide general information about the question asked. Frequently, the question does not include important facts that, if known, could significantly change the answer. Information provided on this site should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed attorney that practices in your state. The law changes frequently and varies from state to state. If I refer to your state's laws, you should not rely on what I say; I just did a quick Internet search and found something that looked relevant that I hoped you would find helpful. You should verify and confirm any information provided with an attorney licensed in your state.

A real estate title company will often want to check the trustee powers section of the trust before completing a real estate transaction.
A bank will often want to have a copy of the trust before granting a mortgage on a real estate property.

The answer given does not imply that an attorney-client relationship has been established and your best course of action is to have legal representation in this matter.

Recommended articles about Real estate