Does an out of state trust need to be registered with anyone in Florida in order to do business?

Asked over 1 year ago - Miami, FL

For example, can it buy/sell real estate, give mortgages, rent properties, etc. thanks

1. Barry Louis Miller

4

Answered . Generally, an out of state trust does ot need to register. We handle real estate transactions with out of state trusts routinely.

2. Joseph Franklin Pippen Jr.

Pro

1

Answered . A real estate title company will often want to check the trustee powers section of the trust before completing a real estate transaction.
    A bank will often want to have a copy of the trust before granting a mortgage on a real estate property.

3. James P. Frederick

1

Answered . I agree with Attorney Miller. Trusts typically do not need to be registered. This is one of the advantages of using a trust. It is a private arrangement and does not require court involvement in most cases.

James Frederick