Does an Order for Freedom of Parental Custody and Control terminate the parental rights?

Asked about 1 year ago - Hemet, CA

Child support stated he is still financially responsible, but are his physical rights removed with this order? I receive $0 support. Now after a 9 year abandonment Child Support gave him what they called a curtodsy service and served me with a PFO asking for 50/50 custody and visitations. Prior to my husband filing for an adoption and receiving an Order for Freedom of Parental Custody and Control for both children, previous order dated 4/30/2004 gave me Full legal and Physical Custody and him supervised visitations for drug use, refusing to to take drug screens and to bring letter from Dr. stating he is capable of caring for minors. My son last saw him when he was 1 1/2 and my daughter has never seen him, he denied her from birth. Does he have a case? Does this Order terminate his right

1. Debra Vaniman Crawford

Pro

Answered . If his rights have been officially terminated he is not responsible for child support. There are no rights or obligations. The children are free to be adopted by your husband.

Did you receive an order or just a notice of a request for an order?