Does an order for asset review stop the person from hiding his assets?

Phoenix, AZ |

if a person gets served a summons for an asset review for an unpaid judgment, does it prevent him from hiding assets, or taking all his money from different accounts until the asset review? thanks for all the help i receive from all of you. your answers have always been very helpful.

You must disclose all assets or risk being in contempt of court.

Disclaimer: This answer does not constitute legal advice. I am admitted in the States of New York, New Jersey and Massachusetts only and make no attempt to opine on matters of law that are not relevant to those three States. This advice is based on general principles of law that may or may not relate to your specific situation. Facts and laws change and these possible changes will affect the advice provided here. Consult an attorney in your locale before you act on any of this advice. You should not rely on this advice alone and nothing in these communications creates an attorney client relationship.

A crook or con artist probably doesn't respect the law enough to comply, but at least there are sanctions that can be imposed when you catch a person like this in a lie.

Hope this perspective helps!

The debtor is supposed to disclose all assets but rarely is completely truthful and honest and it is very difficult to prove the debtor is not being truthful and honest and hard to get more than additional monetary sanctions issued for contempt of court, but not impossible.

Disclaimer of California Attorney
Although the above response is believed to be accurate, it should not be relied upon as any type of legal advice because the information provided is incomplete. It is intended to educate the reader and a more definite answer should be based on a consultation with a lawyer. No attorney client relation is formed with me without a written contract.

Joshua P. Friedman
jfriedman@jpfassociates.com
www.losangelescollector.com

Disclaimer of California Attorney Although the above response is believed to be accurate, it should not be relied upon as any type of legal advice because the information provided is incomplete. It is intended to educate the reader and a more definite answer should be based on a consultation with a lawyer. No attorney client relation is formed with me without a written contract. Joshua P. Friedman jfriedman@jpfassociates.com www.losangelescollector.com

I agree with the previous answers. The law requires complete disclosure, but sometimes it is difficult to verify that everything is being disclosed.