Does an order for asset review stop the person from hiding his assets?

Asked over 3 years ago - Phoenix, AZ

if a person gets served a summons for an asset review for an unpaid judgment, does it prevent him from hiding assets, or taking all his money from different accounts until the asset review? thanks for all the help i receive from all of you. your answers have always been very helpful.

1. Morgan Jay Seegmiller

Answered . I agree with the previous answers. The law requires complete disclosure, but sometimes it is difficult to verify that everything is being disclosed.

2. Theodore Lyons Araujo

Pro

Answered . You must disclose all assets or risk being in contempt of court.

3. Dorothy G Bunce

Pro

Answered . A crook or con artist probably doesn't respect the law enough to comply, but at least there are sanctions that can be imposed when you catch a person like this in a lie.

Hope this perspective helps!

4. Joshua P Friedman

Answered . The debtor is supposed to disclose all assets but rarely is completely truthful and honest and it is very difficult to prove the debtor is not being truthful and honest and hard to get more than additional monetary sanctions issued for contempt of court, but not impossible.

Disclaimer of California Attorney
    Although the above response is believed to be accurate, it should not be relied upon as any type of legal advice because the information provided is incomplete. It is intended to educate the reader and a more definite answer should be based on a consultation with a lawyer. No attorney client relation is formed with me without a written contract.

Joshua P. Friedman
    jfriedman@jpfassociates.com
    www.losangelescollector.com